SLN Training Initiative
The Snow Leopard Network is launching its first online research and conservation training course. These will be consist of a series of modules, each over a one month period, in which participants can build their skills and knowledge on a range of critical snow leopard related conservation tools. Do join us!
Our first set of topics centers on the idea of a holistic approach for snow leopard practitioners- from survey methods to community conservation approaches. The idea is for these to be as practical as possible, explicitly designed, for teams on the ground. The first set of Modules will cover topics that include: Camera Trapping surveys (Module 1); Prey Surveys (Module 2); Community Conservation approaches (Module 3); Socio-economic Assessments (Module 4) and Genetics (Module 5).
Each Module will be delivered over a one month period and members can apply to specific Modules depending on your interest. Teaching methods will be a mix of online and distance learning; all will be open access. Our trainers are drawn from the Snow Leopard Network, drawing on their extensive knowledge and experience. We are very appreciative of their finding time to join us in this effort and we look forward to members taking advantage of this exceptional opportunity.
Modules coming up 2020
- Partnering with local communities is critical to the success of conservation efforts. This Module will focus on sharing a set of principles and guidelines for community-based conservation.
- Training Date: September 2020
- Applications Open August 1st
- Module 5 wIll introduce the needs, concepts, and applications of genetic methods for the conservation of snow leopards.
- Training date: November 2020
- Applications Open Oct 1st
To be announced
- The focus of this module will be announced soon. We look forward to hearing from SLN members and their ideas of possible training modules.
- Training Date: December 2020
- Applications Open Nov 1st